1895 8th grade final exam
This is really an eye-opener – do you still believe that ‘Dumbing Down of America’ is a conspiracy? Years ago American EDUCATORS TEACHING CRITICAL THINKING were the best in the world. Teaching critical thinking is key to inventive, creative creation in our society and why it had to be stopped by the communist CIA of Bankers & Lawyers. Intelligent ‘Thinking’ people are more difficult to manipulate & control. Years ago many only went to the 8th grade, but they graduated from 8th grade with more intelligence than our Professors in Universities possess in our ‘modern post-industrial’ world. Our schools no longer teach critical thinking but are ‘socially engineered’ to indoctrinate our youth to Marxist communist immorality to the destruction of our sovereign Constitutional Republic.
What it took to get an 8th grade education in 1895…
Remember when grandparents and great-grandparents stated that they only had an 8th grade education? Well, check this out. Could any of us have passed the 8th grade in 1895?
This is the eighth-grade final exam from 1895 in Salina , Kansas , USA . It was taken from the original document on file at the Smokey Valley Genealogical Society and Library in Salina , and reprinted by the Salina Journal.
8th Grade Final Exam: Salina , KS – 1895
Grammar (Time, one hour)
- Give nine rules for the use of capital letters.
- Name the parts of speech and define those that have no modifications.
- Define verse, stanza and paragraph
- What are the principal parts of a verb? Give principal parts of ‘lie,”play,’ and ‘run.’
- Define case; illustrate each case.
6 What is punctuation? Give rules for principal marks of punctuation.
7 – 10. Write a composition of about 150 words and show therein that you understand the practical use of the rules of grammar.
Arithmetic (Time,1 hour 15 minutes)
- Name and define the Fundamental Rules of Arithmetic.
- A wagon box is 2 ft. Deep, 10 feet long, and 3 ft. Wide. How many bushels of wheat will it hold?
- If a load of wheat weighs 3,942 lbs., what is it worth at 50cts/bushel, deducting 1,050 lbs. For tare?
- District No 33 has a valuation of $35,000.. What is the necessary levy to carry on a school seven months at $50 per month, and have $104 for incidentals?
- Find the cost of 6,720 lbs. Coal at $6.00 per ton.
- Find the interest of $512.60 for 8 months and 18 days at 7 percent.
- What is the cost of 40 boards 12 inches wide and 16 ft.. Long at $20 per metre?
- Find bank discount on $300 for 90 days (no grace) at 10 percent.
Also read: “The Deliberate Dumbing Down of America”