I think it would be very safe to say… YES HE DID!
– Mayor Tarsi admitted that HE KNEW that David Thayer had been FIRED by the previous city 5 years earlier, plus he said he knew about the previous employer too!
Yet he got mad during a council meeting, shouting at the public that he had “zero knowledge about any of that” when asked if he knew the history of the city manager previously. I remember this “We did the background checks on David Thayer”… Blah, blah, blah..
– Mayor Tarsi testified that during a January 2017 meeting the city council went into a CLOSED Executive Session for what they called “David Thayer’s Evaluation”..
BUT he testified under oath that they ONLY talked about Laura and about how well David handled the situation. They LIED about the purpose of the closed session, violating the “open meetings act” in MY opinion, what about yours?
– Mayor Tarsi testified that he “REGULARLY SIGNS DOCUMENTS WITHOUT READING THEM”.. He is the ONLY person who signed Laura’s contract in which there were promises that were never kept. He says he isn’t sure IF he even read what he signed and said the “David was supposed to have changed all that”…
However David never did re-do any contract and Laura was under the current one.
– Mayor Tarsi testified that Laura had “no business delivering any concerns to the city council”..
In the description for the job listing published when Laura was hired said the police chief would deliver any concerns or issues directly to the council.. oops..
– Mayor Tarsi was asked if he or the council EVER investigated any claims by David Thayer, or any concerns of Laura’s… Mayor Tarsi testified that “he nor the council have any power to investigate”..
HOWEVER – Has the mayor ever read the city charter? He says he has.. Yet had he looked, the charter allows the council to investigate ANY employee including the city manager. The mayor acted surprised and thanked Laura’s lawyer for advising him… Doesn’t that city HAVE any attorney on retainer???
MAYOR TARSI TESTIFIED UNDER OATH, I WONDER IF HE REALIZES WHAT HE SAID IS A SLAP IN THE FACE OF THE CITIZENS HE REPRESENTS.. I BET HE DOESN’T.
Source: Jason Asselin FB Link